Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry contains a number of new features that improve the overall user and learning experience. Here is an overview of the most notable ones:
||Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry ships the latest Sugar release, 0.86.3. It features:
- redesigned toolbars;
- improved wireless networking;
- EPUB file support for e-books (Read);
- better Gnash support for Adobe Flash content;
- easier keyboard configuration;
- support for tabbed browsing (Browse);
- and an easy way to update to the latest Activities (Control Panel).
Detailed release notes for Sugar 0.86 are available here.
||A frequent request we received concerned a means of installing Sugar to a hard disk.
We teamed up with the zyx-liveinstaller developer in order to provide:
- seamless installation of your personalized environment onto your computer's hard disk;
- it saves any changes that you made to your Sugar on a Stick system;
- and the installation does not even require a reboot.
||Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry supports viewing e-books through Read, including the increasingly popular .epub file format. Historical classicals and interesting literature for young readers are provided through an additional page.
Thousands of additional e-books can even be easily accessed through the included Get Internet Archive Books Activity.
A screencast of the e-book sharing process is also available.
||Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry also includes updates to the standard collection of Activities for children and many new ones. An example is SocialCalc, a spreadsheet activity that allows users to do complex mathematical calculations. Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry also ships the TamTam activity suite, which takes the learner on a journey through sound and music, beginning with a simple musical toy and progressing up to a sophisticated sound synthesizer. Other activities, such as the very popular Physics and TurtleArt, have been updated. Sugar's rich collection of Activities are available for download from Sugar's Activity Library.
Based On Fedora
||Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry is based on the latest version (F12) of the Fedora operating system, a GNU/Linux distribution which showcases the latest in free and open source software.