Sugar Labs Ghana
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is only a preliminary proposal.
Business model: Earth Treasury combination of XOs, Sugar, electricity, Internet access, textbook contracts, and microfinance.
- A university connection as a local human resource
- University of Education, Winneba, is a partner in the Ghanaian government XO project, and a partner of Earth Treasury through OneVillage Ghana.
- A local pilot user group from which to learn
- BASICS International Nana's House school in Accra
- A local passion or sub-goal that provides a rationale for the work
- OneVillage Ghana Open Digital Village program
- Bi-directional communication with the global Sugar community and other Sugar Labs
- Of course.
- A sustainable and well-defined entrepreneurship model
- E-commerce for families of students
- IT businesses and outsourcing when students have learned enough
- Other opportunities as they arise
- A program to reach out to local free-software community and local industry
- Winneba LUG
- Local businesses that already support the school
- Other resources
- OLPC Ghana
- OLE Ghana
- Ghanaian government purchase of 10,000 XOs, first step in plan to give XOs to all Ghanaian schoolchildren ages 5-12
- Ghana Ministry of Education, Science and Sports
- English is the language of instruction