Sugar on a Stick Parallels
At the pilot school for SoaS in Boston all the teachers have Apple laptops. We expect the most convenient way for the teachers to run Sugar will be as an emulation of their existing laptop.
These are instructions for using a copy of Sugar on a Stick configured to run in Parallels. It is a Parallels disk image created from SoaS that allows saving changes and includes Parallels Tools which allows 1024x768 resolution.
First download the parallels disk image () then unzip this file and remember where you put it. While you are waiting for SoaS to download you can set up Parallels.
Note: Parallels is for Intel-based Macs.
- Download Parallels for OS X from here, http://www.parallels.com/download/ It is not free, but you can download a two week free trial.
- Install it by opening the DMG.
- Follow the instructions in the window
Setup a Virtual Machine for Sugar on a Stick
- Start Parallels
- If you see the "Welcome to Parallels Desktop" screen click Import Virtual machines.
- If you don't see the welcome screen, click File -> Open.
- Navigate to the folder where you unzipped the download.
- Choose SoaS1-200903051021.pvm and click Open.
- Now you are ready to use it. Click Start button in the window to start up Sugar.