On decision panels and procedures
This seems to be the first SL decision panel, so we don't get to rely on precedent. I had to reread Sugar Labs/Governance#Decision Panels.
We are expected to solicit community input, discuss (in private if necessary), reach a conclusion internally, and produce a report documenting it. Anyone may submit advice to the panel. It was recommended after the meeting that we reach a conclusion in two weeks.
Do we need any new communications tools or lists for this? Here is my proposal:
- we carry out a discussion directly on the sugar list, with a subject tag such as '[SOAS DP]'
- 1-2 people volunteer to moderate the public discussion, asking people to chime in (or take side-discussions to separate threads) as needed.
- we gather people's ideas, needs, and suggestions (including Bemasc's list of 5 conclusions), and record progress reaching conclusions about the four points above, on the SL wiki
- 1-2 people volunteer to edit these conclusions into a thorough report, also on that wiki
- we approve the final report (hopefully by consensus) and submit it to the SLOB