Please use sugar-build instead of sugar-jhbuild
got errors as well
Command given on main page didn't work for me either, but I was able to get sugar-jhbuild from the http link (not git:) in the git repo page...
Danceswithcars 10:39, 5 April 2011 (EDT)
- I just tried ./sugar-jhbuild update on a new fresh install. The first line of output seems normal Initialized empty Git repository in ...sugar-jhbuild/jhbuild/.git/ then it says fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly and gives a traceback. Any suggestions? --Grantbow 04:00, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Seems to be working now, the server must have been unavailable for some reason. --Grantbow 09:50, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
Removed from the page:
- In addition to the dependencies listed, you may want to install the gtk-doc-tools package (this allowed me to build hippocanvas on Ubuntu Hardy). Mchua 22:01, 15 May 2008 (EDT)
- gtk-doc-tools is (now) listed as a dependency for Ubuntu 8.10. Hardy's not supported any more for jhbuild as its GNOME is too old. --Morgs 09:09, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- If you run into an error during sugar-jhbuild build that looks something like "aclocal: macro `AM_PATH_PYTHON' required but not defined" try installing or updating your packages for autoconf and automake and running sugar-jhbuild build again. (worked for me on Ubuntu Hardy) Mchua 17:10, 15 May 2008 (EDT)
- automake1.9 is listed as a dependency for Ubuntu 8.10. It depends on autoconf, so this should be handled by jhbuild's dependencies. --Morgs 09:14, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
"ERROR: Dependencies information is missing (unknown distribution/version)."
This is a new error and doesn't seem very helpful. I'd much prefer the list of packages not detected that we used to get. ETA: was able to trick it into continuing by copying a file in config/sysdeps/ over and :
Adricnet 21:47, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
Ubuntu 10.4 hints
There seems to be a conflict with GTK on Ubuntu 10.4. If you get an error message:
Error fatal de E/S 11 (Recurso no disponible temporalmente) en la pantalla «:30»
then check ~/.sugar/default/logs/shell.log to see if there is this error:
.../libsugar.so: undefined symbol: GTK_WIDGET_HAS_FOCUS
If so, try a clean rebuild of sugar-artwork. (I went to extremes to make sure everything built fresh.)
rm -rf ./source/sugar-artwork ./sugar-jhbuild buildone sugar-artwork
Note that there is a problem with hulahop, but this should not impact Sugar other than the Browse activity.
Thanks to Sascha for helping me with this minor roadblock. --Walter 09:54, 13 May 2010 (EDT)