Talk:Oversight Board/2008/Meeting Minutes-2008-06-30
From Sugar Labs
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Bernie Innocenti <email@example.com> wrote:
- Is there anything that was not discussed on IRC? I'd be especially interested in hearing about:
- - current financial status of Sugar Labs
- Sugar Labs has raised no money so far, although there have been some discussions about fundraising with various parties: hardware vendors, educational foundations, etc. But until we are fully established and have a agreed-upon means of governance, I for one have felt it premature to raise money.
- - what board members have been appointed and which chairs are still vacant
- We have some acting members of the Oversight Board and an acting Ombudsman. All other positions are vacant. I am waiting on (and will ping) OLPC regarding appointing someone to service on the acting Oversight board. It would seem that we need an acting membership committee in order to seed that process in order to have members who can vote to replace the acting Board.
- - status of our commercial partners
- No formal relations with anyone, including OLPC. Again, there is no formal entity withwhom they could have a relationship.
- - a list of the current Sugar Labs work force: full time developers, volunteers, occasional contributors, etc.
- This is a critical list to pull together in order to bootstrap the Sugar Labs membership (as per above). I'd propose we offer membership to anyone who has contributed to Sugar or a Sugar activity or made a contribution to the Sugar wiki or mailing lists as a start. Then we leave things to the eventual Membership committee.
- Maybe we should also post a public summary on the IAEP list?
- Will do. I was awaiting edits back from a few more people who attended.
- It would be nice if we could prepare a presentation or a short document about who we are and where we're going.
- This is spot on. I've been thinking a lot about this and am I think in a decent frame of mind now to draft something.
- Sorry for sending so many emails all of a sudden... I had little time to communicate recently.
- Useful questions. Thanks. --Walter 14:52, 2 July 2008 (UTC)