Right-clicking on any object in Squeak or Etoys brings up a halo of tool icons, as in this image. Etoys provides an interactive tutorial on Halo tools in the form of a game called the Demon Castle.
Starting at the top left and proceeding counterclockwise, the icons for a Workspace window are
- X, Remove from screen
- O, Collapse
- Eye, Open a viewer for me.
- Rectangle, Make a tile representing this object
- Whirly square, Rotate
- Box and partial frame, Change size
- Eye dropper, Change color
- Wrench, Debug
- Two rectangles, Duplicate
- Square with corners, Move
- Square with tongs, Pick up
- Menu, as shown below
Most of these are reasonably discoverable. The object viewer requires further explanation.
Different kinds of object may have a different selection of tools in the halo. For example, the halo on a text object includes tools for selecting fonts and applying styles to portions of the text.