Tutorials/Installation/Install SoaS in VirtualBox-f18
From Sugar Labs
- 1 Install with Anaconda f18 in VirtualBox
- 1.1 Settings In Virtualbox
- 1.2 Start Installer
- 1.3 Anaconda main Hub
- 1.4 Storage (Disk Selection) then [DONE]
- 1.5 Software Selection and [Done]
- 1.6 Network Configuration and [Done]
- 1.7 Time Zone select and [Done]
- 1.8 Begin Installation
- 1.9 Root Password
- 1.10 Remove CD/DVD in VirtualBox/Settings/Disk settings and start your Virtual Machine
- 1.11 More Tutorials
Install with Anaconda f18 in VirtualBox
- This install is used when you want to install a fedora 18 desktop to a hard-disk; Virtualbox HD or a 8 GB USB.
- A similar but simpler installer is entered in booted Live CD's using the command liveinst in root sugar-terminal(su) or other root terminal.
- this differs from the installer on fedora 17 or older versions
- anaconda NuUI installer is NEW and has bugs:
- A major feature of f18 is the development of newUI a new anaconda.
- Sample Install to Virtualbox 4.2.4 using F18 Beta DVDx86_64
Settings In Virtualbox
Anaconda main Hub
- When it finishes:
Storage (Disk Selection) then [DONE]
- To format the disk or reclaim space click on [Continue] right bottome to installer
- NOTE: Disk selection filters out non-selected Disks and makes them invisible to the installer
- A booted dd USB will show on initial selection screen DO NOT Select it.
- Example:2 Disk LVM install
- Error if disk too small (8 GB) for Development and Creative Workstation +
- 2 30 GB disks in VirtualBox
- Select both disks
- Seems to necessary to select Partition type first
[+] partition scheme drop down box click > [+]
- Standard Partition
- LVM (default)
- [ X ]"I don't not need help: Let me customize disk partitioning"
- Option to let user [+ -] partitions:
- Need at least 2 disks selected
- 2 disks selected
- Click on small [+] on right gives drop-down
- Select raid
- Raid setup
- [Finish Partitioning]
- Returns directly to Anaconda Main Hub
- Note: bootloader defaults to "first" disk
- Of those disks initially selected
- If Customize is not used
- [Reclaim space]
- Reclaim Disk space window
- shows disk partitions with drop down boxes - default is Preserve click on Preserve; get dropdowns Preserve; Shrink; Delete
- select your choice
- Note in latest anaconda (18.34-1) the selections are now located on the bottom line of the reclaim window.
- Do this for each partition shown.
- Click [Done] to return to main hub
Software Selection and [Done]
- select left column (Environment) and right Column (Add-ons)
- Gnome-desktop is default
- scroll down left collumn and select sugar-desktop
- Wait for software checking
Network Configuration and [Done]
- recognizes wired DHCP connections if present
- Wireless will show up if wlan0 is visible and supported
- [Configure] to set up either connection.
Time Zone select and [Done]
- Appears after install begins
- Enter password on both lines and hit [back]
- hit [back] a second time for a weak password.
- If the root password is not entered during install; anaconda will pause at the greyed out [Finish Configuration] until it is entered.
- Once the root password is entered [Finish Configuration] appears and the install will complete.
- Wait for [Reboot], (or [Quit] if live), when install is completed.
Remove CD/DVD in VirtualBox/Settings/Disk settings and start your Virtual Machine
HINT: export this virtual machine before running it to save it before it runs Firstboot.
- this can be later imported for use by another user.
External Tutorial: a-visual-tour-of-fedora-18
hit <== (BACK) in browser to return here.