Features/Journal Entry Sharing
Sharing/Backup Journal entries using a mass storage device
- Name: Simon Schampijer
- Targeted release: 0.92
- Last updated: 07.02.11
- Percentage of completion: 90%
You may now share Journal entries with another learner using a USB drive or SD card. The user experience is: Martin wants to give a picture he has been drawing to Simon. He plugs in his USB drive and copies the Journal entry on the drive. Simon plugs in Martin's drive in his laptop. The entry will be shown with Martin's XO color on the drive. Simon copies Martin's entry into his Journal.
You can use this feature to backup Journal entries to a USB drive or SD card.
Benefit to Sugar
This Feature affects only the Sugar module.
How To Test
Journal Entry storage / sharing via USB stick doesn't work
- drag a Journal item (that contains a file like Paint) to the external device
---> show the content of the external device
- rename the entry on the external device
---> the metadata and preview file should change accordingly
- check the contents on the removable device on another machine (hidden files enabled)
---> there should be the file itself (in the root folder) and a file [filename].metadata and a file [filename].preview are in the .Sugar_metadata folder
- insert the device again and copy the entry to your Journal (drag on the Journal icon)
---> make sure that this works, that the entry is "resumable" and that there is a preview
No new dependencies.