Oversight Board/2009/Meeting Minutes-2009-02-02
From Sugar Labs
< Oversight Board | 2009
Revision as of 09:54, 1 September 2009 by Dfarning (moved Sugar Labs/Oversight Board/Meeting Minutes-2009-02-02 to Oversight Board/Meeting Minutes-2009-02-02)
Oversight Board Meeting Minutes 2009-02-02
- Oversight Board/Minutes/Log-2009-02-02
- walter, tomeu, bernie, erikos, caroline, marcopg, gregdek, ChristophD, edmcnierney, dirakx, befana, shenki, aa, neuralis, unmadindu, cwhii, eric_the_sad, hpachas-PE,
- 1. What we want to ask of OLPC going forward?
- We agreed that we would ask for (a) funding to hire a contractor to solve the collaboration crash issues in Write; a server (for builds and possibly Pootle and/or RT); and a volunteer coordinator position; and (b) clarity around how we engage with the support gang around RT and trac. (Walter agreed to write a coordinated, coherent proposal.)
- 2. The slobs email controversy and community relations in general
- we agreed to have someone appointed to monitor the Slobs list to make sure that there is transparency to the community. (Walter volunteered Michael Stone to fill this role.)
- 3. We discussed the upcoming FOSDEM conference
- with the goal of making sure we get coverage of all the various opportunities that may present themselves. There will be a Sugar on a Stick station at the Fedora booth. We also have a code-sprint with the Gnash team to be scheduled. Meetings with various distro and hardware manufacturers, etc.
- 4. Finances
- We agreed to present a budget at the next meeting. (Walter volunteered dfarning to put it together.)
- 5. Status of the new release
- Erikos needs more testing and feedback. Walter put together the stub of a new page for Activity developers to help them through the process of maintaining cross-platform compatibility.
The next meeting will be in one week, 13 February 2009.