Tutorials/Installation/Burn a CD.iso on a Mac
From Sugar Labs
Burning a Live CD from an .iso on a MAC
- Click on the CD.iso
- In this case a trisquel-sugar_5.0_i686-20111204.iso was downloaded to the desktop.
- 2-button mouse: Right click: Open with DiskImageMounter.app.
- Or if you have an Apple single button mouse:
- Double-Click on the trisquel-sugar_5.0_i686-20111204.iso
- A mounted drive will appear on the desktop.
- The pointer in this screenshot is hovering over it.
- Move the pointer to the bottom of screen until a pop-up menu bar appears.
- Open the folder Applications and the folder Utilities inside it. Select the 'Diskutility.app.
- In the Open Disk Utility
- Select the mounted trisquel-sugar_5.0_i686-20111204.iso in Disk Utility.
- In blue in the following screenshot
- Insert unused CD in Mac Slot.
- Click on Burn on the Disk Utility top bar. (Disc with yellow and black sectors)
- The pointer in this screen shot is pointing to it.
- The CD burns, is verified, and ejected.
- This Live CD will boot on a PC and a MAC.
- For A Mac Boot from this CD:
- Insert CD
- Hold down the C key as you press the power button and hold it until the CD Boots
- This may take 10-30 seconds to occur.
- NOTE: No Network connection seems to be possible with the Mac Hardware. (Wireless or wired)
- A D-Link DWL USB Wireless Adapter (Dongle) will work on the Trisquel 5 Sugar CD if inserted after boot. (This is very unreliable.)