Sucrose 0.87.5 Release Notes
All the Features for 0.88 has been landed and the UI Freeze is in place now. No UI changes may be made without approval from the release-team and notification to the documentation list. See the 0.88/Roadmap#Schedule for more details.
Thanks everyone for your great contributions!
There are no known compatibility issues, as of today.
Update to this version
Please use the instructions for your distribution (SoaS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian etc) of choice to upgrade to this release. Note that it may take a while until the release is packaged for each distribution. Please stay tuned for distribution specific announcements and watch out for updates at Get Sugar.
- Add GConf key for specifying alternate locale dir #1721
- Use the correct icon for the 3G device
- Pin Punk Configuration for 3G devices
- Create the DSObject update listener as well for existing entries
- Updated ALL_LINGUAS
- Pep8 and pylint fixes
- Add network-gsm icon
- Implement transparent-bg-hint so that mozilla can draw entries properly.
- use compressed sources file (EtoysV4.stc)
What is new for packagers
sugar: cjson -> simplejson: Sugar moved back to use simplejson instead of cjson. cjson has a big bug dealing with slashes, this is a significant long-term bug and upstream has not been responsive other than acknowledging it. This bug breaks journal entry bundles #1553.
sugar-toolkit: the python module dateutil has been added. Please add this to the requires (i.e. in Fedora python-dateutil).