Are you new to Sugar?
The quickest download is Sugar on a Stick. Basic instructions are found below:
Sugar on a Stick installation instructions
Detailed installation instructions for GNU/Linux and booting instructions are available. There is also a guide to exploring Sugar. GNU/Linux users may also want to install the Sugar packages on their favorite distro, apart from Sugar on a Stick.
Apple Mac OS X
DRAFT: These instructions are incomplete. Please help with testing and documentation. In the meantime, we recommend the Virtual Machines instructions below.
Do you have an OLPC XO?
Some alternate installations
- Once you download, and then burn or load a Sugar on a Stick (SoaS) .iso file, and boot it, the running Fedora 17 SoaS Live CD/USB may be used to install Fedora with Sugar to a hard disk or a 4 GB USB stick with the
- - You start with a SoaS LiveOS image, and then load an uncompressed version onto the hard disk or USB stick.
- - The Fedora-17-Live-SoaS.iso file is a 509 MB download.
- If you have a high-speed Internet connection,
Fedora with the Sugar graphical learning environment may be installed to a hard disk or a a 4 GB USB stick with a Netinstall CD.
- - Not a compressed LiveOS image like SoaS, but all of Sugar.
Do you use GNU/Linux?
|Fedora||0.98.8||Primary distribution for Sugar|
|Sugar on a Stick||0.98.8||Live CD/USB of Sugar Learning Environment|
|0.96.2||Prepared for XO laptops|
|openSUSE||0.96.2||Part of the Linux for Education (Li-f-e) series|
|Mageia||0.95.1||Forked from Mandriva|
|Trisquel||0.94.1||Based on Ubuntu 11.10|
|Harmonic Distribution||0.94.1||See also Sweets Distribution and Sugar Network|
|ElementaryOs||0.94.1||Based on Ubuntu 10.10 & Sweets Distribution|
|Tuquito||0.94.1||Based on Ubuntu 10.10 & Sweets Distribution|
|Fusion Linux||0.94.1||Remix of Fedora 16 with GNOME 3.2.1|
|0.92.4||Prepared for XO laptops|
|Linux Mint Debian Edition||0.88.1|
|Ubuntu||0.88.1||Use Sweets Distribution for Sugar|
|Caixa Mágica||0.88.0||Based on Mandriva 2010.1 repositories|
Are you a developer?
|Learn how to get setup on the Supported systems page.
Some additional references you may find useful:
Virtual Machines on all platforms
If you run into problems, you may want to consult the Talk:VirtualBox page for help.
Are you preparing a deployment without Internet access?
|See Sugar Creation Kit|
Are you looking for Sugar Activities?
|Visit the Sugar Activity Library|