Welcome to the Documentation Team FAQ! The aim of this page is to provide an up to date list of common questions that we get about the Documentation Team. This page contains many frequently-asked questions along with some answers.
We encourage you to answer questions and keep these pages organized.
What documentation is needed?
- See OLPC Publications for a partial answer. This addresses primarily hardware and software documentation for students, teachers, system administrators, and developers, and the separate issue of localization. There are proposals for teacher training and textbooks, but little is available.
What resources are available for creating documents?
- FLOSS Manuals - free manuals for free software
- Source code repository
- Content Repositories
- Test builds/OS Images
- OLPC Wiki
- Software developers mailing list
- Peripherals mailing list
- Educators mailing list
- Library and content mailing list
- and other such locations.
How do I get involved?
- See Sugar Labs/Getting Involved for general information. Beyond that, look at what is being done, and offer to write, edit, or test something.
Who is working on documentation?
See the Community FAQ for more answers.