Education Team/Lesson Plan resources
Lesson plan templates/formats
- sugar Lesson plan template
- A few different ones: http://www.internet4classrooms.com/links_grades_kindergarten_12/lesson_plans_templates.htm
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/teachers/ ("Lesson Plans and Worksheets" section)
Lesson plan ideas
- New group just created at http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Group_SugaronaStick/. Looking for interested teachers to contribute lesson plans to grow this into a repository. If you need a lesson plan template this one may be used as is or is easily adapted.
- dmoz.org lesson plans:
- EtoysIllinois has a great collection of Etoys projects and resources for teachers for curriculum integration
- List of free teaching software (german)
- Skolelinux has integrated using the KDE-Education project
- Teacher training project (german)
- Collection of free teaching software with tagged OS and screenshots, more than 80 pages in PDF
- How about some outreach to a group committed to produce curriculum materials for grades 4 to 12 using Python and E-toys for use in South Africa? They are funded by the Shuttleworth Foundation (Ubuntu money and major commitment to open everything—being phased out, unfortunately).
- Try to seek aligned interests with any of the other open and collaborative efforts like Free High School Science Texts, who's goal is to develop a set of complete textbooks for Maths, Physics and Chemistry for grades 10-12 will be completed by early 2008, all under GDFL licensing.
- Interesting on-line high school physics course
- Teachers pay Teachers - an open marketplace for educators (some free content, some paid)
- Anytime Anywhere Learning Foundation (AALF)
- AALF is a 501(c) 6 not for profit association whose mission is to serve as an advocacy vehicle for anytime, anywhere learning.
Etoys shares features with other drag and drop programming environments such as Game Maker and Click & Play. The lesson plans, samples and pedagogies developed in classrooms can be easily adapted to Etoys
"ReadWriteThink is a partnership between NCTE, the International Reading Association (IRA), and the MarcoPolo Education Foundation, established in April of 2002."
- http://www.ncte.org/profdev/online/rwt BROKEN LINK
MERLOT - Multimedia Educational Resources for Learning and Online Teaching
- Some papers by Alan Kay
- Tapping Epistemological Resources for Learning Physics
- Naive Physics Reasoning: A Commitment to Substance-Based Conceptions
- On the Nature of Naïve Physics
- Open source 2D physics engine Box2D
and the Physics activity (and the Elements/pybox2d development being done in its branch)