Features/Obsolete/Ad hoc Networking/Testing
From Sugar Labs
Under a tree
- you need two computers with wireless capabilities
- on machine A reveal the palette of the network device (in the frame at the bottom) and click 'Create Network'
- a network item called "<your name>'s Network" is added in the neighborhood view
- on machine B connect to this network
- verify that both machines are connected to the same network; the network device is in connected state and both machines are in the same IP range (listed in the device item's palette)
Internet Connection sharing
- you need two computers with wireless capabilities; one needs to either have a second wireless interface or a wired network interface; furthermore you need a wireless or wired connection to the internet
- connect the machine with two interfaces to your internet connection
- create on that machine an ad hoc network as well
- connect on the other machine (B) to that ad hoc network
- machine B should be able to use the internet connection of machine A; use for example the Browse activity to verify this.
Include #Ticket#s and other references.