Freedom and Justice are two twin KVM hosts bought by Sugar Labs in 2012.
Justice is currently our primary VM hosting box, while freedom is a hot-standby with secondary services and backups.
- 2U rack-mountable case
- Motherboard ASUS KFSN5-D
- 8-core Opteron 6212 @ 1.4GHz
- 64GB RAM
- 2x1TB RAID1
- Ubuntu Precise (12.04) amd64 on justice
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on freedom
Hosted by the MIT Media Lab, building E15.
- Bernie Innocenti, bernie on #sugar Freenode
- Stefan Unterhauser, dogi on #sugar or #treehouse
- Sam, samdroid on #sugar on Freenode
Justice is globally accessible through public, static IPv4. The IPv6 /64 subnet (6to4) is currently experimental and not associated with AAAA records.
IPs 188.8.131.52-77 are available for hosted VMs.
All KVM virtual machines are managed by libvirtd. Yes, that's scary.
See Sysadmin/Add virtual machine for creating new VMs.