G1G1 enthusiast. Bought 2 sets so I would have 2 to investigate presence service features. Have sold both and now using VMWorkstation 6.5 to follow developments.
- 1 Participation
- 1.1 preparing USB and SD cards for my EeePC900
- 1.2 Contributing to VMWare page on wiki
- 1.3 Testing new Builds of sugarSUSE
- 1.4 Testing of Various Installation methods for Live and real file systems on USB/SD/HD for Sugar
- 1.5 Sugar Creation Kit
- 1.6 ASLOxo-6.3 DVD
- 1.7 Writing pages on deja-dup backup for Soas Sticks
- 1.8 Current Projects
preparing USB and SD cards for my EeePC900
- Helped test Soas1 and Soas2 on USB and SD before Vt Conference. (04/06-07/2009.)
Contributing to VMWare page on wiki
- Detailing making USB/SD Boot sticks with VMPlayer installed
- Making VMPlayer Appliances
- Testing VMPlayer on various Operating Systems
Testing new Builds of sugarSUSE
- Testing builds .iso and vmx files using VMWorkstation 6.5.2
- Installing USB.raw files of sugarSUSE on various size USB and SD cards(May-June 2009)
Testing of Various Installation methods for Live and real file systems on USB/SD/HD for Sugar
- Tests of Collaboration for activities
- Evaluation of Activities Compatibility for various Soas versions.
- Downloading most all of ASLO .xo files to a single directory
- Creating Open Office spreadsheet indexed by activity number, and name, showing this Compatability
- editing the ASLO listings to reflect this usability.
- Gateway to information on Sugar-on a Stick (SoaS) and Sugar in many distributions.
- Tutorials on how to use and deploy sugar.
- Useful listing of Information for the user.
- Use to Download the elements you need and burn to your own Customized DVD to save Downloading all of the above SCK DVD.iso
- For "sneakernet" and behind firewall installs.
- Only requires 1 download, can be copied locally for a complete build
- Contains .iso files and instructions needed to create Soas USB's plus a
- majority of the .xo files from ASLO for installing activities by drag-drop into the sugar Journal.
- Contains over 500 activity.xo files
- Updated: Added new activities from the sugar-devel list up to: 01/21/2012
- To be downloaded and burned to a DVD then transferred to a USB stick
- Installed by drag drop to sugar-journal in a running sugar entity
- For "sneakernet" and behind firewall installs.
Writing pages on deja-dup backup for Soas Sticks
- updated Feb 9 2012
- Annotated screen shots in wiki
- Introduction to the Sugar Interface
- Connecting to the Internet
- Copying files with drag and drop
- How to use the IRC Application
- Annotated screen shots that show you how to use the IRC application
- Communicate with other sugar users and developers on IRC
- How to use the Chat application
- Annotated screen shots that show you how to use the Chat application
- A good example of collaboration on a shared activity via a jabber network
- Send a file to friend from the Sugar-Journal
- A nice way to sent a file to a friend
- Also works to Save/Retrieve individual files from the sugar-journal that have been copied to a 2nd USB-stick
- How to Import a VirtualBox Appliance
- with links to Virtual Appliances to download
- Tests Activity .xo files in different versions of sugar on Soas, installed, and on XO-1
- Testing on new versions of activity.xo's done as announced on lists
- Up to date tests of Fedora SoaS Nightly Compose
- Depreciated ARCHIVE ONLY
- Reconstituted test table into editable Test Matrix http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick_release_process#Test_Matrix
Features for Soas v4
- http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Revised_Browse_default-bookmarks.html (Approved)
- http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Soas_V4/Remixability (editing)
- http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Soas_V4/SugarCreationStation An install CD (to HD) with all the features needed to make soas-remixes (Ideas)
Build and upload Virtual Appliances for Virtual box and VMPlayer
- http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Emulator_image_files updated through Feb 13, 2011
- Have Soas-v3 Mirabelle and Soas v2-Blueberry available in both versions.
- Helped Walter on this section: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter/Get_Sugar#Virtual_Machines_on_all_platforms
- added section on Virtualization to Sugar Creation Kit wiki page.http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#QEMU_Virtualization with Virtualbox and VMplayer sections below it.
Test and Build Virtualbox Appliances with MacBook Air
Use my G1G1 XO-1 and a Loaned XO-1.5 to help test Dextrose-2 for Bernie
- Application approved on Feb 11, 2011 to get a 1 yr loan of a XO-1.5 from OLPC
I think the migration from the XO to these portable booting Memory sticks, which work on many Platforms is very exciting! Congratulations to all of the hard working people working on this Project.....
Live in Bend, OR. Retired
Hobbies: Computers, Fencing (Epee'), Road and Mountain Biking, Kayaking,Telemark and Cross-Country Skiing.