Please maintain these pages
To those entering alternate installations and experimental images: please try to organize and integrate the page for the new reader.
- Sort the information for readers from beginner to advanced.
- Delete information that is out of date or, if it is significant, link to it on an historical page.
- If you have entered information, please don't abandon it to the confusion of others. Please use your experience to organize and maintain the information so others can rapidly reach a higher level of understanding of the subject matter.
- Updated this page feb 03 2013 - satellit
Install on a USB device
(2-GB or larger USB storage device needed to run VirtualBox Images)
One could modify the instructions at VMware#One_8-GiB_stick_with_2_partitions
- Download VirtualBox OSE program, and install instead of VMPlayer.
- Boot PC from stick, and run images on same or 2nd stick.
Virtualbox 3.2.1 on 16GB Toshiba USB Running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic
This is a nice portable solution for a full Gnome Desktop and Sun Virtualbox 3.2.1 (works with Hp Pavillion "Vista"Notebook) I use it to create .vdi Hard Disk images for soas-v2-Blueberry
- install Ubuntu 9.10  from CD to 16GB Toshiba USB (It will run on 8GB USB but very little room left for images)
- setup wireless networking
- Download VirtualBox: 
- Install Virtualbox
Have Fun! satellit 12/19/2009
Sugar not booting
I got Sugar to boot under VirtualBox 2.X / MacOS 10.5 following the recommended procedure. With VirtualBox 3.X something seems to be broken. Neither my old VDI nor a newly downloaded one will proceed to more than that black screen. Sad!
But don't despair: You need to get the installation ISO (380 MB) from the downloads page (Sugar on a Stick/Downloads). Add this as the CD-ROM to your virtual machine and set the first boot volume to this CD-ROM. Now Sugar works as before!
I want to give a response to the "Setup a Virtual Machine for Sugar on a Stick" (Mac Os)
I´ve installed the VirtualBox from step 1 - 6 and then i setup a virtual machine. I´ve watched the streamcast about that and i´ve done everything similar to the cast.
The Virtual Box starts, he wants to boot and then there´s a black window for hours ....
Does somebody have an idea what i´ve done wrong or what´s the problem about booting?