From Sugar Labs
To land new versions of glucose and new activities in the Sugar builds we need to:
- Provide test cases for each new feature or bug fix. See the Features/Feature Template and Features/Feature Template/Testing.
- Find testers to execute the test cases. Post an announcement on mailto:email@example.com providing a link to the Feature and Feature testing page.
A way to handle it in a distributed way and ensure it's done consistently is:
- Ensure that every fix or new feature is associated with a trac ticket and that the git log for each of the related commits contain a reference to the bug.
- Before closing the ticket make sure that it contains a comment with the test case (mark it by inserting a keyword in the text so that it can be extracted automatically.
- When releasing a module, use a script to automatically generate the NEWS from the ticket references in the git log and the test cases (git log -> ticket -> test case). Put both in the release announcement.
- Decide which modules to land together. Get the test cases from the release announcement and create a page in the wiki. Ask volunteers to execute them and report the problems they find.
- Negotiate with the release manager on the base of the testing data