Marketing Team/Events/Gtk3 Hackfest 2011
Gtk3 Hackfest 2011
Two major changes have recently occurred in Sugar's underlying technologies. Firstly, GTK+ 2 has been obsoleted by GTK+ 3, and GNOME is now based on GTK+ 3. Secondly, PyGTK, the underlying Python library that Sugar uses to call into GTK+, has been deprecated in favour of PyGObject Introspection (hereafter "PyGI"). More background info can be found at Features/GTK3. Goal of this hackfest is to remove the biggest blockers before we can start the porting and potentially start porting over.
Location: Praha (Prague), Czech Republic
Date: Friday, October 28th - Sunday October 30th 2011
Primary contact: Simon Schampijer <simon AT laptop DOT org>
Secondary contact: Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu.vizoso AT collabora DOT co DOT uk>
We want to thank brmlab for hosting us during the week.
We want to thank the OLPC Foundation for sponsoring regional trips to the event.
Sponsoring regional trips
This Hackfest is sponsored by the OLPC Foundation. If you need help for funding your travel, please send an email to simon AT laptop DOT org before 8th of October 2011. We won't be able to refund more than 150 USD per trip, and we will fund regional (european) travels in priority.
- Removing Hippo and other custom widgets
- Do we do this before or after GTK3? Note transparent window / icon overlapping issue.
- migration path to Gtk3 (do we ship two toolkits? Do we migrate the shell and the toolkit and activities at once?)
- This is expected to be resolved in advance at Features/GTK3.
- porting Sugar's theme to gtk3 (go benzea, go!)
- Port sugar-toolkit to GTK3 and release sugar-toolkit-0.95.x
- Port Read to GTK3
- Port Browse to Webkit/GTK3
- other introspected libraries that need work (namely NM)
Measuring your success
Great success has been made during the Hackfest. It can be measured here at Features/GTK3/Development.
Are you planning to attend? Add your name and contact info below!
- Simon Schampijer
- Tomeu Vizoso
- Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés
- Walter Bender
- Benjamin Berg
- Daniel Drake
- Marco Pesenti Gritti
- Chris Ball (just for Friday, in Prague 22-28 Oct for Kernel Summit/LinuxCon)
- Rita Freudenberg
- Bert Freudenberg
- Martin Schüssler
This is a table to find out when people do need accommodation during the hackfest.
|Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||-|
|Benjamin Berg||-||yes||yes||yes||-||Arriving 28.10. 10:15; leaving 31.10. 18:31 Uhr|
|Daniel Drake||-||yes||yes||yes||-||travel confirmed: arriving 28th at 10:20, leaving 31st at 06:00|
This one does seem to be a reasonable offer: http://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/plus-prague-hostel.en-us.html?sid=efb1e369a800d8137da1013763ae00e9;checkin=2011-10-27;checkout=2011-10-30;srfid=8d0e0147ab19098770fd94887bfca1e1X1
Friday, October 28
Saturday, October 29
Sunday, October 30
link your photos, add your comments here