Activity Team/Project Ideas
From Sugar Labs
New activity requests
Please sign these as you add them.
- Activity Team/Project Ideas/Micro Messages --TimClicks 21:31, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
- Translate activity - consider sugarizing http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index Also consider investigating cscott's Click2Trans. Also consider a View Source like View Translations UI.
- See also a list of activity ideas here: Development Team/Project Ideas
- A Feedback item on the Control Panel. http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/340 Wade 18:19, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- A clock for the frame. (See Design Team/Proposals/Frame#Frame Clock.)
- Some challenges:
- suspend/resume friendly (maybe updates only on frame view and resume),
- links to the settings (control) panel to update system/local time,
- links to Clock activity for learning to tell time, to Stopwatch for timing events and setting alarms, and Time for learning more about time (which might eventually have a link to Moon). --FGrose 05:37, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- A calendar for the frame. --FGrose 05:37, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- Blogging activity for Sugar.
- Blog aggregator for a mesh network.
- Create Drupal/Wordpress sugar compatible themes and modules.
- Sugarize PiTiVi, uses pygtk and gstreamer so seems like something quite doable.
- Competitive/collaborative "trivia" activity -- there's a synchronized countdown, and then you get points for answering questions correctly and quickly. Could use groupthink for scoring, maybe share data with assimilate/memorize? Cjb 21:31, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
- Activities/Elect Open Voting Consortium secure, auditable, easy-to-use GPLed election suite.
- Pootle Integration for Karma BryanWB 08:00 29 March 2010 (UTC)
Activity HIG (Human Interface Guidelines)
- tweak Sugar HIG's sections alsroot 14:01, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- what screen resolution should be minimal for activities? alsroot 14:01, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- I think 1024x768 is a good minimum. is this too low?
- thats enough for desktops, but netbooks may have something like 1024x600(Eee PC 900)
- Ok, 1024x600 sounds good. I contacted Eben Eliason to ask about his involvement. Wade 21:37, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Response from Eben: No need for a new HIG but he plans to look over the regular HIG to make sure it is relevant to activities.
- Further suggestions: User:satellit
- Resume for browse on a shared activity from an icon: Start as private with drop down to make shared. The resume shared from the top icon may not be required or wanted.
- Display of shared browse site name from icon on Neighborhood(F1)view raises privacy issues?
- Create firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
- Questionable - I tend to think additional mailing lists just add additional barriers.Wade 01:34, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- or rather, migrate http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/activities over to SL mailman