Wiki Team/Wiki Gardening Weekend 2016
Fix wiki account creation, making it a manual process by the Members team
Kill all spam accounts (cf. Special:NewFiles showing recent spam uploads...)
Review User profiles and add them to the www-sugarlabs repo (Avni/ EliH)Made https://www.sugarlabs.org/en_US/profiles/
Review Special:ListUsers/bureaucratThis is now up to date
Review Development Team/Release/Modules Point to github source.Walter took a look at this, marked for graduation and he made a start
- Review Activities/Activities_needing_documentation
- Review Features to clearly mark which features already implemented; which features have been rejected.
- Review Activity Team (lots of obsolete references and no JS activity references)
- Review Getting Involved (make it relevant to Sugar in 2016)
- Review Education Team (make it relevant to 2016 realities)
- Review and mark for graduation or obsolete
- Review Special:BrokenRedirects, Special:DoubleRedirects, set up redirects for Special:WantedPages where possible
- Review Special:LonelyPages, Special:AncientPages, Special:ShortPages, Special:DeadendPages, Special:FewestRevisions, and mark all as deprecated
- Review Special:ProtectedPages and confirm they should all be protected
- Review all the blogs in the planet and remove any no longer online
- Categorize all uncategorized templates, Special:UncategorizedTemplates
- Deduplicate files Special:ListDuplicatedFiles
- Find any archived/backup copies of the files in Special:WantedFiles
- Update the blue 'top bar' in the wiki (MediaWiki:Sitenotice)
- Fold Sugar Labs/Communication channels into Sugar Labs/Contacts
- Cleaning up older, out-of-date articles
- Updating existing article
- Organizing, categorizing, & restructuring the Wiki content
- Editing existing articles
- Developing ideas to improve the organization of the content on the Wiki
- Reverting the occasional wiki vandalism
Install LastLogin plugin Doneby Samuel C
- As pages graduate to the main website, it would be great to mark them as pending redirect and then have https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ExternalRedirect to autoredirect
- Look at loomio for voting
- Look at mailman3 and fancy lists web ui
- DC suggests consolidating http://pe.sugarlabs.org/ir/ back into the central wiki as a subpage section; and graduating its core content to http://www.sugarlabs.org/es
- Walter will contact the Sugar Labs DC teacher to see if it is still active
- 3034 Update SL bar
NOTE: Please add a link to "people" for access to S/L Contributors uploaded files (satellit 05/18/2016)
eg: http://people.sugarlabs.org/ DC removed people because it is stale and confusing
Accomplish by editing http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
- 3047 Adopt SL bar on translate.sugarlabs.org
Sugar Creation Kit
Activity_Team role needs some love, with the migration off of a centralized git-based repository Gitorious to diverse GitHub repos has to some extent decentralized a developer and localizer community that previously had a common point of contact.
- Who adopts Activities stranded in Gitorious?
- How to provide the best linkage for Activity feedback from less-sophisticated users back to developers/maintainers?
- Translation_Team needs direct channels and responsive maintainers to advance i18n and L10n.
It would be highly desirable to develop a template for an activity page. It should have a box/table that displays all of the information contained (or that should be contained) in the activity.info file.
Can we get wiki pages created for these activities?
- Activities/FollowMe Butia - http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4368
- Activities/SimpleGraph merge with Activities/Chart (identical?)
Can we identify the activities referenced in these wiki pages with a package in ASLO?
- Activities/Buscaterrones ??
- Activities/Count My Steps
- Activities/Hello Mesh
- Activities/PyCut - https://github.com/jflory7/PyCut
- Activities/Smile - http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4210
- Activities/SoaS Loader - is not in ASLO, https://github.com/inkyfingers/SoaS_Loader
- Activities/SocialCalc - http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4084
- Activities/Thumbs View in Journal
- Activities/TransBot - https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/transbot.git
- Activities/VLC - No, method is rpm --import
Chris Leonard User:Cjl would like to respectfully request editorial control over the Translation Team Translation_Team branch structure. I have some major work to do and it is going to be easiest to use wiki markup in the editing process. This is a very small portion of over all wiki content.